Locations in Virginia and Maryland
The position of Teller is under direct supervision, while conforming to established policies and procedures. The Teller is responsible for providing high quality customer service and daily settlement, principally, for the following activities: processing deposit account and loan transactions, cashing checks, traveler’s checks, cross-selling bank services and maintaining account records.
Detailed Job Duties:
- While representing the bank to customers in a courteous and professional manner, provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing transactions. Process a variety of routine account transactions. Receive cash and negotiable instruments for deposit, inspect and verify negotiable instruments, verify cash amount received, accept withdrawal authorization, verify signature, investigate account hold and obtain necessary authorization(s).
- Perform cash advance, selling and redeeming savings bond and prepare cashier’s check. Receive payments on loan accounts. Inspect and verify negotiable instrument and cash offered for payments, ensure that payment equals coupon amount, verify acceptance and obtain proper authorization of amounts less than the coupon amount. Enter payment received into the bank’s record via online computer terminal.
- Perform administrative duties in support of platform and on-site lending personnel, such as filing, preparing form letters and billings. Completing transaction-generated paperwork and verifying incoming cash shipments
- Balance daily transactions and assist other tellers in balancing daily transactions, verifying tickets, counting cash and daily balancing of the teller area and branch totals. Assist the platform staff and customers with proper completion of stop payment forms/address change forms/debit card hot card and/or re-issue requests.
- Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or its equivalent. One year banking experience in a Teller position is preferred. Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and successfully complete teller training. Willingness to work unpredictable hours to accommodate customer traffic or automation failure. Ability to remain calm and complete more than one task at a time in a fast-paced environment. May stand occasionally.
A high level of interpersonal and verbal skills to represent the Bank in a positive manner in dealing with customer/teller transactions. Good math aptitude and reasoning skills. Knowledge of online teller terminal and office equipment to include calculator, typewriter, computer keyboards. Working knowledge of, and comfort level with, Microsoft Office applications (word, excel and email). Ability to function as an effective team member. Ability to communicate clearly over the telephone and in person.
Exposure to robbery, a potentially hazardous condition. Receives detailed instructions and procedures to be followed to minimize risk. Continuous daily contact with customers and the public performing recurring tasks. Close daily contact with peers, manager and other bank employee. Work schedules may include early evening and Saturday hours. evening hours may require working alone in a locked branch.
Submit Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org