Principals only, no agencies please.
The Senior Mortgage Underwriter is responsible for assessing credit risk of mortgage loan applications. They will review the loan applications and all supporting documentation to determine if the applicant meets specific investor, agency and bank underwriting guidelines for loan approval.
Detailed Job Duties:
- Responsible for consistent and accurate underwriting as mandated by all investors, GSEs, HUD, VA and the Bank.
- Reviews the mortgage loan application file to verify that the application is complete and meets the selected product and program requirements, including but not limited to type and amount of mortgage, borrower assets, liabilities and credit history, employment and collateral value.
- Utilizes Automated Underwriting Systems specific to Secondary Market investor requirements, to include LP, DO/DU and other investor specific underwriting systems.
- Reviews Sales Contract, Title Policy, Appraisal and Flood Determinations to assure that Bank, and Secondary Market standards and requirements are met.
- Issues underwriting dispositions with required conditions, and clears conditions, all in a timely manner that meets and strives to exceed the expectation of the borrower, loan originator and operations staff.
- Prepares counter offers and/or declination notices.
- Acts as a coach and mentor to the Mortgage Processing, Closing and Sales staff in the preparation of loan files for underwriting and secondary market guideline.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The qualified candidate must have 7-10 years of secondary market mortgage underwriting experience as well as Direct Endorsement (FHA-DE) designation.
- Both VA LAPP and knowledge of Calyx Point LOS are preferred.
- It is important for this position to have excellent analytical and decision making skills, strong knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements and must be comfortable with working as a team member.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, some college preferred.
Professional working environment.
Submit Resume: email@example.com