Mortgage Loan Officer
Principals only, no agencies please.
As a Mortgage Loan Officer (MLO) the employee is responsible for independently sourcing loan application business from multiple referral channels such as realtors, builders, and other financial professionals. The MLO conducts an interview with the applicant, determines the mortgage financing needs, makes appropriate product and program recommendations, and assists with the completion of the loan application package.
Detailed Job Duties:
- Interview applicant to obtain basic application information, understand their mortgage financing needs and answer questions concerning the loan application process.
- Based on information gathered from applicant, provide mortgage product/program and rate options for the applicant to consider.
- Prepare mortgage application package including but not limited to Uniform Residential Mortgage Application, Good Faith Estimate, Truth In Lending Disclosure and all other Federal, State, Agency and Bank required disclosures and request all appropriate support documentation.
- Provide weekly loan status updates to applicants and other involved parties as is appropriate; handle questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Stay abreast of changes to loan programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as adherence to regulatory mandates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of secondary market mortgage loan origination experience • Must have established loan referral sources (realtors, builders, etc.)
- Knowledge of Calyx Point LOS helpful but not required
- Experience reading and understanding LP and DO/DU underwriting findings
- Basic knowledge of regulatory compliance requirements
- Works well in a team focused environment
- High school diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
- Proficient computer skills to include MS Word and Excel.
Professional working environment.
Submit Resume: firstname.lastname@example.org