Commercial Lender and Relationship Manager
Northern Virginia, MD and DC
The primary purpose of this job is to build long-term relationships by understanding clients’ needs and providing customized financial solutions. Candidates must be able to develop and execute marketing plans to generate new company accounts and expand into new areas; identifying networking events to build and establish market awareness for WashingtonFirst Bank. Qualified candidates will also be able to expand existing profitable relationships to achieve annual results.
Detailed Job Duties:
- Develop and implement a marketing plan designed to identify, qualify, target and pursue attractive prospects.
- Identify and exploit opportunities for cross-selling of Bank products.
New & Existing Business
- Maximize net profit contribution by producing net new customers, loans, and deposits while maintaining existing portfolio and any existing clients that may be assigned from time to time.
- Meet and exceed assigned goals for new business development and retention.
- Refer existing clients and prospects for other appropriate bank services.
Portfolio Administration – Credit Quality
- Active management of portfolio, to include proactive relationship maintenance and monitoring through regular dialog (as reflected in written call reports).
- Manage for compliance with reporting requirements (financial statements, etc).
- Timely identification and handling of defaults and exceptions.
- Timely identification and management of credit deterioration.
- Development of exit strategies as appropriate.
- Timely revision of borrower’s credit risk ratings.
- Timely resolution of past dues (principal, interest, fees and service charges) and collateral deficiencies.
- Regular updates of credit file information to facilitate continuity of customer service.
- Timely credit renewals accompanied by an analysis providing a concise identification of risks and an assessment of risk mitigation.
- Understanding and anticipating customer needs, including appropriate responses to requests and inquires.
- Strategic utilization of planned entertainment and contacts to enhance/solidify personal relationships with key client decision-makers in a cost-effective manner.
- Development and implementation of a joint call strategy on key customers utilizing the Manager or other senior officers of the Bank, as appropriate.
- Assist customers (both internal and external) as necessary; and, participate in task forces and projects, as assigned.
- Maintain an active and meaningful participation in local business and professional organizations
- Participate and perform satisfactorily in all credit or other training program modules made available by the Bank.
- Participate in introduction/presentation of new or existing Bank products to enhance cross-selling skills.
- In conjunction with the Manager, develop and implement a Personal Development Plan to enhance the Officer’s individual skills.
- Candidate will perform other duties as assigned.
Must have 5-7 years in-market Commercial Banking experience including strong credit, negotiating, organizational, and time management skills. Excellent communication skills both written and oral are a must for this position. Bachelor’s Degree required, along with proficiency in Word and Excel. Candidate must be able to work with no supervision while performing duties.
Professional/ Local decision-making team environment.
Submit Resume: email@example.com