Various Northern Virginia Branches
The incumbent in this position will have responsibility for following all bank policies and procedures for WashingtonFirst Bank.
- Follow all bank policies and procedures and assure that branch staff understands and follows the same.
- Serve as the primary resource to branch staff for employee or customer issues.
- Participate in business development activities with the goal of increasing the branch deposit base of commercial and retail customers.
- Cross-sell bank products and services to existing customers.
- Serve as support to bank’s lending officers in analyzing customer deposit relationship, account matching and joint calls.
- Properly document all types of bank products.
- Conduct follow-up on new account opening procedures in a timely fashion.
- Assure that all branch audits are completed in a timely fashion.
- Attempt to solve customer problems/complaints to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Perform review of employee timesheets and annual performance reviews in a timely fashion.
- Serve as support to branch assistant in supervising teller staff.
- Review overdraft list and deficit available balance report on a daily basis in conjunction with the branch assistant. Verify that all results and input decisions are correctly entered into the system.
- Verify that all daily balancing activities are completed on a daily basis.
- Assist in deposit review on a daily basis.Properly placing “holds” on accounts when necessary.
- Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
Must have a minimum of five years banking experience inclusive of customer service, sales, teller training, and new accounts training. Previous supervisory experience required.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Qualified candidate must maintain a friendly and well-groomed professional image.
Professional working environment.
Alternating Saturday work.
Submit Resume: email@example.com